Turmeric oatmeal is a nourishing and cozy anti-inflammatory breakfast. Loaded with turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger, this healthy breakfast recipe feels like a warm hug in a bowl.
- 2 cups milk of choice (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of black pepper optional
- 1 cup rolled oats (old-fashioned oats)
In a small saucepan, combine milk, maple syrup, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla extract, and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
Stir in oats and a reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thickened. Add more milk if you prefer a thinner texture.
Serve in individual bowls. Top with nuts, fruit, nut butter, cinnamon, or maple syrup, or any toppings you prefer. Enjoy!