Zucchini Mushroom Pasta
Creamy, flavorful zucchini mushroom pasta is great for a quick and easy dinner, whether it's date night or a make-ahead meal that you're meal-prepping!
- 6 ounces dry pasta I used cavatappi
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Juice and zest from ½ a lemon
- ¼ cup white wine
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley for garnish (optional)
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, heat oil on medium heat in a large pan. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until aromatic. Add mushrooms and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-12 minutes, or until soft.
Season with dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Stir in lemon juice and white wine. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add baby spinach and let cook for 1-2 minutes, or until it wilts.
Turn off the heat. Stir in ricotta cheese. Add pasta. Top with parmesan cheese. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with parsley.
Serve and enjoy!