Vegetable Orzo Soup
This vegetarian vegetable orzo soup packs in lots of veggies, orzo, and white cannelini beans. It's so cozy and comforting, and also makes for a filling and healthy lunch or dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup diced celery (about 3 stalks)
- 1 cup diced carrots (about 2-3 carrots)
- 1 medium bell pepper, cored and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup whole wheat orzo
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add onions, celery, carrots, and bell pepper. Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and oregano and cook for 1 minute.
Add diced tomatoes, broth, orzo, cannellini beans, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the orzo is al dente.
Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve in individual bowls and garnish with more parsley. Enjoy!