Say hello to your new favorite comfort bowl - a creamy vegan hummus pasta. This cozy dish is easy to make and is as delicious as it is nutritious!
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- ¾ cup - 1 cup hummus
- ½ medium lemon, juiced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the linguine according to package directions (about 8 minutes). Drain pasta in a colander, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water when draining.
Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, bell pepper, and zucchini. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt.
Stir in hummus and lemon juice. Add pasta water in increments of ⅓ cup until it reaches your ideal consistency. Add spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add linguine and mix to coat the linguine in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy!
- Don’t have linguine? Don’t worry! You can use any pasta shape you choose.
- Add more hummus if you want a creamier sauce.