Sweet Potato, Kale, and White Bean Soup
This sweet potato, kale, and white bean, kale soup is everything your fall and winter dreams are made of! It's creamy, comforting, vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, hollowed out and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 cans cooked cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch red chili pepper flakes, for garnish
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes, or until they are translucent.
Add the carrots and sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and cook for another 3 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften. Add garlic and rosemary and cook for 1 minute.
Add the cannelini beans and broth and bring to a boil. Once the soup is boiling, spoon 2 cups of the soup into a blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes, or until the mixture is almost completely smooth.
Pour the blended mixture back into the pot. Add kale and lemon juice, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Spoon soup into individual bowls. Top each bowl with red chili pepper flakes.