Overnight oats are a great meal prep breakfast and can be made the night before. This version of overnight oats combines my childhood love for peanut butter and jelly with my go-to nutritious breakfast.
Overnight Oats Benefits
Overnight oats are one of my favorite breakfasts because they're easy to make and offer a load of health benefits. If you want an in-depth look into the health benefits of overnight oats, this post goes into more detail.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Oats: Oats are a great source of fiber, prebiotics, and resistant starch.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds expand in liquid, so they're great for making overnight oats thicker. On top of that, they are super nutritious and provide omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and fiber (1)!
- Almond milk: Almond milk is my go-to for overnight oats because I love the taste but feel free to use whatever milk you like most.
- Greek yogurt: I usually add greek yogurt to overnight oats because it's an easy way to increase the protein content.
- Peanut butter: I love the creaminess that peanut butter adds.
- Raspberry chia jam: I love this version of "jelly" because it has no added sugar and still tastes delicious!
These peanut butter and jelly overnight oats combine the creaminess and slightly savory taste of peanut butter with the sweet and tart taste of the raspberry chia jam. They're a great combination of protein, fat, and carbs. They are super creamy and keep me full for hours.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats
- ⅓ cup organic rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ⅔ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ⅓ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp raspberry chia jam
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- raspberries optional
- peanuts optional
- Combine oats, chia seeds, almond milk, and greek yogurt in a jar.
- Store overnight or for at least 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Top overnight oats with peanut butter and raspberry chia jam.
- If you want more toppings, add fresh raspberries and peanuts on top.
Are you a fan of peanut butter and jelly? Tell me in the comments below!