This peach avocado salad makes for a perfect addition to a barbecue or summer picnic. It's made with fresh summer ingredients like peaches, lettuce, and tomatoes and requires no cooking!
Is anyone else obsessed with all the fresh summer produce? I just can't get enough! From peaches to tomatoes to fresh herbs like dill - they're all just so good! So good in fact, that I put all my favorites in a salad!
Peach Nutrition and Health Benefits
Not only are peaches delicious, especially when they're in season, but they also have a load of nutrients that makes them beneficial for your health.
1 medium peach has 2 grams of fiber (source), which helps support gut health as well as heart health and cholesterol. Half of the fiber in peaches is soluble fiber and the other half is insoluble fiber. I talk more about soluble fiber here.
Vitamins and Antioxidants
Peaches are also a good source of vitamin C and vitamin A, providing 17% of the Daily Value of vitamin C and 10% of the Daily Value of vitamin A. Peaches also contain vitamin E and potassium.
Vitamin C and vitamin E are antioxidants, which protect your body against free radicals. Vitamin A in peaches is in the form of beta-carotene, which is also an antioxidant.
Peach Avocado Salad Ingredients
- Peach: Peaches provide loads of nutrients and are also a sweet addition to this salad.
- Romaine lettuce: Leafy greens are a great way to up your veggie intake and romaine lettuce also provides a nice crunch.
- Tomato: Tomatoes in the summer are so fresh and naturally sweet.
- Bell pepper: Bell peppers also provide vitamin C - in fact, they provide over 100% of your daily value of vitamin C in one serving!
- Radish: I love adding radishes when I want more of a crunch!
- Avocado: Avocados provide plenty of heart-healthy fats and a creamy touch to the salad.
- Dill: I love using dill in salads, but feel free to top with whatever herb you have handy.
- Lemon dijon dressing: I love the addition of this tangy lemon dijon dressing - it completes the salad!
This salad combines all my favorite summer produce in one punch. It is sweet, tangy, crunchy, and creamy, and super refreshing! What are your favorite fruits and veggies in the summer? Tell me in the comments below!
More Healthy Salad Recipes
- Shrimp Taco Salad Bowl
- Quinoa Black Bean Avocado Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Kale Salad
- Butternut Squash and Farro Salad
- Lemon Parmesan Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
Peach Avocado Salad with Lemon Dijon Dressing
For the dressing:
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium peach, sliced
- 2 medium radishes, sliced
- ½ medium avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- For the dressing, mix dijon mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper in a small bowl until combined.
- Place lettuce, tomato, bell pepper, peach, radishes, avocado in a large bowl.
- Add lemon dijon dressing to salad and mix until well-combined. Sprinkle dill on top.
Pin this for later!