This mango corn salsa is sweet and spicy, and is delicious on tacos, fish, or even on it’s own! Packed with mango, corn, red bell pepper, avocado, cilantro, and lime juice. It’s vegan and gluten-free, and takes only 10 minutes to make!
If you love the taste of mangoes, you’re going to love this mango corn salsa recipe! It’s the perfect summery salsa that you’re going to want to put on everything! So far, I’ve had it as a topping for tacos, shrimp, flaky white fish, and grilled salmon, and it has been delicious EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
This mango corn salsa is:
- Sweet (from the mango)
- Spicy (from the jalapeno)
- Creamy (from the avocado)
- Crunchy (from the corn and bell pepper)
- Zesty (from the lime juice)
So it’s basically packed with ALL THE GOOD things, am I right?! This salsa automatically elevates anything you’re eating it with, and is also a great side dish – and the best part is that it’s super easy and quick to make. It really just requires some chopping and stirring and it’s done!
- Mango: Fresh, ripe mango has such a delicious, naturally sweet flavor.
- Corn: I used fresh corn but you can also sub in canned sweet corn if you prefer.
- Jalapenos: You can modify the amount of spice you’re adding by keeping or removing the white ribbing and seeds in the jalapeno (contains a lot of the spice).
- Red bell pepper: Feel free to swap with any color bell pepper!
- Avocado: This fruit/veggie (depending on how you look at it) is filled with heart-healthy fats and fiber.
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed (rather than packaged) lime juice is best in this recipe.
- Cilantro: Since cilantro leaves and stems both impart a strong flavor, feel free to use both.
- Salt: Add salt to the recipe per your preference.
How to Make Mango Corn Salsa
First, prepare your ingredients. Rinse any veggies that need rinsing. Cut the corn off the cob. Chop the other ingredients: mango (making sure to avoid the pit), bell pepper, avocado, jalapeno, and cilantro. The mango and corn can be a little tricky if you’ve never chopped/cut them before.
Juice a lime. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Salt to taste – I used about a little over ¼ teaspoon. Carefully stir to allow the flavors to blend, being carefully not to mash the avocado. Serve and enjoy!
I recommend eating this salsa the same day you prepare it rather than storing it for maximum freshness.
- A ripe mango is essential in this recipe. It tastes sweeter and the texture is much more ideal than an unripe mango.
- How to tell if a mango is ripe: To tell if a mango is ripe, squeeze gently. If it feels slightly soft, it is likely ripe and ready to use. If is firm, allow it to ripen for an additional 1-2 days.
Variations and Substitutions
This recipe is vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free, so no changes are needed on that front. Here are some helpful variations:
- Spice it up: If you like some spice, keep the white ribbing and seeds from the jalapeno – these contain a lot of spice, so you can include a little if you like it really spicy!
- Use frozen mango if you don’t have fresh: If you can’t find any fresh mango, or would just prefer to use frozen mango, that’s just as good of an option. Just make sure to thaw the frozen mango in the fridge overnight. Dice the mango into smaller pieces, and then include it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Use canned corn if you don’t have fresh: Drain and rinse 1 cup of canned corn to substitute the fresh corn.
What to Serve with Mango Corn Salsa
This mango corn salsa is a great addition to any picnic or summer dinner because it tastes delicious served in so many ways. Here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy it:
- Loaded on top of these fish tacos
- Swapped for the mango salsa and corn in this shrimp taco salad bowl
- Served on top of a nice, flaky white fish or salmon (YUM!)
- Topped onto nachos (adds a delicious sweetness)
- With tortilla chips (perfect for scooping)
If you made this recipe, I’d love to see your creation! Don’t forget to snap a picture and tag me @thebalancedbite on Instagram. Follow along on Pinterest and Facebook for more healthy & tasty recipes!
More Healthy Mango Recipes:
Mango Corn Salsa
- 1 large mango, cored and cubed
- 1 cup raw corn kernels (from 1 cob of shucked corn)
- 1 medium jalapeno, diced (white ribbing and seeds removed)
- 1 medium medium red pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- In a large bowl, combine mango, corn, jalapeno, red bell pepper, avocado, lime juice, and cilantro. Season with salt – add more if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!