Brussels sprouts get a makeover in this salad with lemon parmesan dressing, pomegranate seeds, and pecans. This shaved brussels sprout salad recipe is great for when you don’t want to turn your oven on but still want some veggies in your life. Trust me, I get it.
I’ll be the first to admit that I love roasted vegetables. But sometimes a girl just wants some veggies without turning on the oven. This salad is perfect for that.
It’s also great when you have a holiday dinner coming up that you don’t feel like spending your entire night in the kitchen prepping for. Don’t worry, I’m here for you!
Ingredients in Lemon Parmesan Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- Shaved Brussels sprouts. Brussels sprouts are high in fiber, vitamins K, C, A, and folate.
- Lemon (juice and zest). The lemony citrus flavor from the lemon juice and lemon zest pairs so well with the savory notes of the Parmesan in this salad.
- Extra-virgin olive oil. I prefer to use high quality extra virgin olive oil to really make the flavor stand out since it’s being served fresh.
- Parmesan cheese. I love the combination of lemon and parmesan, and it does not disappoint in this recipe!
- Sea salt. To add to the savory flavor in this recipe. Simple but effective!
- Pomegranate seeds. I’m absolutely obsessed with pomegranates in the fall and winter, and they’re packed with antioxidants, too!
- Roasted pecans. These are crunchy and nutty, and a nice flavor complexity to the salad.
How to Shave Brussels Sprouts
I buy pre-shaved brussels sprouts to save time, but you can certainly shave brussels sprouts yourself. Here’s a great tutorial on ways to shave brussels sprouts.
Looking for other dishes to make this season? These are my favorite ones on the blog:
- Cranberry Apple Orange Sauce
- Lemon Ricotta Butternut Squash Toast
- Maple Roasted Carrots with Lemon-Maple Tahini Sauce
- Butternut Squash and Farro Bowl
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Kale Salad
Lemon Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 medium lemon (juiced and zested)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheeese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 16 ounces shaved brussels sprouts
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup chopped roasted pecans
- Make the dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, parmesan cheese, and sea salt.
- Add brussel sprouts and mix well with the dressing. Mix in pomegranate seeds and pecans. Serve cold. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Pin this for later!