Honey sriracha Brussels sprouts are sweet and spicy and absolutely mouth-watering! They are perfectly roasted, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite veggies in the fall and winter, but even I will admit that sometimes I get bored with them. That is, until I made these honey sriracha Brussels sprouts. Talk about a flavor transformation. I just love how they are sweet and spicy, and I know you will too!
Plus, this recipe has the secret for perfectly roasted Brussels sprouts so that you'll never want to cook them any other way. And a bonus? This veggie side dish is done in 30 minutes, so you're not waiting forever to start eating.
One of the best parts about this sweet and spicy recipe is that the ingredient list is super short. You'll only need 5 ingredients to transform Brussels sprouts into a crowd-pleasing appetizer!
- Brussels sprouts
- Avocado oil
How to make honey sriracha Brussels sprouts
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Rinse and dry the Brussel sprouts. Trim the ends and cut in half.
In a large bowl, mix together sriracha, honey, avocado oil, and salt. Add Brussels sprouts and combine well to make sure they are evenly coated.
Spread the Brussels sprouts onto the baking sheet, flipping them over so that the cut side is down.
Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until they are slightly charred and crispy on outside and soft and tender on the inside. Serve and enjoy!
You can store these sweet and spicy roasted Brussels sprouts in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
For the ideal roasted Brussels sprouts, make sure to roast them with the flat, cut-side down. Do not disrupt or flip them during the roasting process and make sure there's plenty of room on the baking sheet. Voila, now you have perfectly roasted Brussels sprouts!
Variations and substitutions
- Make it vegan: To make this a vegan dish, swap out the honey for maple syrup.
- Gluten-free version: The ingredients in this dish are inherently gluten-free, but if you're on a strict gluten-free diet, double-check the sriracha that you're using to ensure it is gluten-free.
- Make it dairy-free: This dish is already dairy-free, so no changes are needed.
What to serve with honey sriracha Brussels sprouts
To balance out your meal, I recommend serving this delicious vegetable side dish alongside protein and carb sources. Protein sources that would taste great with these roasted Brussels sprouts include fish like salmon or cod, shrimp, chicken, or tofu. Carb sources would be foods like sweet potatoes, butternut squash, rice, or quinoa.
If you made this recipe, I’d love to see your creation! Don’t forget to snap a picture and tag me @thebalancedbite on Instagram. Follow along on Pinterest and Facebook for more healthy & tasty recipes!
More delicious vegetable recipes for you to try:
- Maple Roasted Carrots with Maple Tahini Sauce
- Pesto Cauliflower
- Smashed Brussels Sprouts
- Chopped Spinach Caprese Salad
Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and dry Brussel sprouts. Trim the ends and cut in half.
- In a large bowl, mix together sriracha, honey, avocado oil, and salt. Add Brussels sprouts and combine well to make sure they are evenly coated.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts evenly onto the baking sheet. Flip them over if needed to ensure the flat, cut-side is down.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until they are slightly charred and crispy on outside and soft and tender on the inside. Serve and enjoy!
Pin this for later!