Who knew English muffins could be used to make French toast? This recipe for English muffin French toast calls for just 3 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to make!
I’ve been making this easy French toast recipe for years and only recently did I think to make it with English muffins. While I love English muffins, I usually only eat them with avocados and eggs, so this recipe definitely makes me want to buy more English muffins to keep on hand.
Plus it feels like I’m enjoying a weekend breakfast on a weekday because it legitimately is so quick to make!
Ingredients in English Muffin French Toast
- English muffin: I use whole wheat English muffins for added fiber and B vitamins.
- Egg: This recipe calls for 1 egg per serving. Eggs are a good source of protein, choline, and lutein.
- Cinnamon: I whisk cinnamon in with the egg for a dose of flavor!
How to Make English Muffin French Toast
First, crack an egg into a shallow bowl. Add cinnamon and whisk together. Soak both sides of each English muffin half in the egg and cinnamon mixture until all or almost all of the mixture is absorbed.
Spray a pan with cooking oil or add a small amount of oil and heat the pan on medium heat.
Place the soaked English muffin halves in the pan. If there is any additional egg mixture left, pour it onto the English muffins. Cook for a few minutes on each side or until cooked through.
To jazz it up, I love topping these English muffins with raspberries, peanut butter, and a drizzle of honey.
I typically use frozen raspberries and the natural juice that comes out of the raspberries when I heat or thaw them is extra delicious!
English Muffin Breakfast Ideas
- Avocado toast: Toast English muffins. Top with mashed avocado. Add an egg for extra protein.
- Lox and cream cheese breakfast sandwich: Toast English muffins. Top with lox and cream cheese.
- PB&J: Toast English muffins: Top with with peanut butter and jelly or jam.
- Peanut butter banana honey sandwich: Toast English muffins. Top with peanut butter, sliced banana, and drizzle with honey.
More easy breakfast ideas:
English Muffin French Toast
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- cooking spray
- peanut butter optional
- raspberries optional
- honey optional
- Crack an egg into a shallow bowl. Add cinnamon and whisk together.
- Separate English muffin halves. Soak both sides of each half in the egg and cinnamon mixture until all or almost all of the mixture is absorbed.
- Spray a pan with olive oil spray and heat the pan on medium heat.
- Place the soaked English muffin halves in the pan. If there is any additional egg mixture left, pour it onto the English muffins. Cook for a few minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Optional: Top the English muffin French toast raspberries, peanut butter, and a drizzle of honey.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see your creation! Tag me on Instagram (@thebalancedbite) or comment below!