If you're into 10-minute, refreshing and delicious salads, then this chickpea avocado salad was made for you! Fresh veggies, avocado, chickpeas, hummus, and feta cheese - what more can you ask for? *Vegetarian and gluten-free*
Something about refreshing, easy salads is so ideal lately! Does anyone else feel that way?! This chickpea avocado salad is just that - refreshing AND easy.
This chickpea avocado salad is a no-cook recipe, which makes it great for a hot summer day or a night where you simply don't feel like cooking and want a quick dinner (or lunch!).
There's no official "dressing" either, which I think makes this salad an even easier one to put together. Instead, the hummus, paprika, and lemon juice combine to bring unbelievable flavors to this salad!
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green onions
- Feta cheese
- Lemon juice
How to Make Chickpea Avocado Salad
First, chop all your veggies - cucumbers, tomatoes, green onion, and avocado. Juice ½ a lemon. Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas.
Season the chickpeas - in a medium bowl, mix together chickpeas, paprika, and most of the lemon juice (making sure to save a little lemon juice to top the salads with). Season with salt to taste.
Then, assemble the salad. Spread hummus over the bottom of individual salad bowls. Top with the seasoned chickpeas. Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, and crumbled feta cheese. Squeeze the remaining lemon juice over the bowls and salt to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley.
It's as simple as that. And voila, now you have a restaurant-level delicious salad that will leave you feeling great and full for hours!
- If you have the time (and patience), you can take the skins off the chickpeas. This will make them slightly easier to digest. However, this is not a required step so don't fret if you don't feel like it!
- Buying your feta in a block rather than pre-crumbled will ensure it tastes the best and most authentic.
Variations and Substitutions
- Make it vegan: Swap the feta cheese for a vegan "feta" cheese or simply omit the cheese to make this recipe vegan.
- Make it gluten-free: This chickpea avocado salad is already gluten-free so no changes are needed!
- Add another protein source: The chickpeas, feta cheese, and hummus already provide protein, but you can add even more protein if you choose! Grilled chicken or shrimp would be wonderful in this dish!
- Change up the veggies! If you want to add different veggies, spinach or bell peppers would be fantastic in this salad!
- Drizzle with olive oil if you want some more heart-healthy fats and more filling power!
What to Serve with Chickpea Avocado Salad
I think this salad makes an amazing full meal all in itself! But you can also serve it as a side salad with delicious pasta dishes like this Creamy Hummus Pasta or Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta, or even this Kale and Mushroom Quinoa Bake.
If you made this recipe, I’d love to see your creation! Don’t forget to snap a picture and tag me @thebalancedbite on Instagram. Follow along on Pinterest and Facebook for more healthy & tasty recipes!
More Healthy Salad Recipes:
- Peach Salad with Avocado
- Shrimp Taco Salad Bowl
- Quinoa Black Bean Avocado Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Kale Salad
- Butternut Squash and Farro Salad
- Lemon Parmesan Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
Chickpea Avocado Salad
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup hummus
- ½ large English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 sprig green onion, chopped
- ½ medium avocado, cubed
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Chopped parsley for garnish optional
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, paprika, most of the lemon juice (save a little for later), and season with salt to taste.
- In individual bowls, spread hummus over the bottom of the bowls. Top with seasoned chickpeas. Add cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, and feta cheese. Squeeze lemon juice over the bowls and salt to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin this for later!